My musings and scribbling out of a diary. Many articles are still under work in progress....continue to watch this space!








Sunday, May 24, 2020

A poem...


This is a poem by Vaikunt Venkatesan, my cousin's grandpa, who follows my FB posts. He refers to me and Sharmila Shanmugasundaram (my cousin's wife) in the poem.


I know two young ladies
Who are related as sisters-in-law
And they live in two continents
Across the Atlantic Ocean.

They know each other well.
One lives at longitude 11*East
The other lives at longitude 77* West!!

It is a pity they do not know
That they are rivals
In the realm of culinary art!!
In Facebook pages they upload
Pics of products they produce
Which we see and admire
And Mark a LIKE

While one taunts us with veganic extravaganza
Green Thai Curry with zucchini and broccoli
Sautéed paprika to go with besan chillas
And rice with soya curd.

The other lady not to be left behind
Flaunts mango pulisseri of Kerala vantage
To go with brinjal pitla of Tambrahm fame
Bisibelabhath of Karnataka tradition
Followed by the curdbhath as the finale.

The virtual feast goes on
Tickling our taste buds on seeing the photos
Making our mouth to salivate profusely
But alas nothing real to eat!

How I wish that the two meet in Bharat
To make the dishes and serve us all.

No comments: